Thursday, January 19, 2017

And Though She be But Little, She Is Fierce.

Hullo Ladies and Gents! 


Today, I'm sharing a design that I am pretty dang proud of. And it was all inspired by the latest inspiration up at the old Fusion Card Challenge.


 

Originally, I was a little bit stumped by this one. As you may have noticed, I'm a big fan of layers on my card so the sketch wasn't doing it for me, and I wasn't really sure how to interpret the inspiration image...

And then I got some new Dina Wakely Scribbly Girlies stamps in the mail and couldn't get this card idea out of my head: 




Isn't it very Banksy? I stamped my image and then created a grayish haze of a background using watercolor. I added a splash of yellow to her dress, and layered up the background using some DCWV papers, gemstones, and vellum. The butterfly is a leftover Post-It note mask from yesterday's card. Recycling at its finest!! 

I hope you'll come play along at Fusion! Can't wait to see what you create! 

I'm going to enter this at:
Take it Make It Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge - ATG
Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge - Layers

21 comments:

  1. Great intrpretation of the sketch, and very striking card! Love that recycled butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so stunning Becca!! LOVE the Banksy feel to this design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous, Becca! You are one very talented lady, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome colors and design and i love that sentiment :)
    Cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.....this is one mighty card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what a stunner Becca - so glad you came up with the idea, and that it worked - loved the up-cycled butterfly! The grey, black and yellow are marvelous together
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sketchy ! Love the yellow and black combo! Your card is fab!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, just wow! I am totally blown away by this card and I'm glad you went with your idea. This is frame-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what a great artsy, Becca - fit to hang against any gallery wall!!!! Love how you have done the water colouring and the bg is just wonderful!!!!! And the yellow butterfly is simply gorgeous!!!!! I really like this card a LOT!!!!!!
    Have a great day!!!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning! So very, very Banksy and the colours are awesome. Hope you had a lovely time, I am jealous as it's winter over here and I'm craving warmth and sun xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Becca, this is just amazing! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  12. And you should be proud of it!!! Shazam, this is incredible Becca!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your grayish haze, very creative, Becca. Yellow and black are in contrast, making this project very eye-catching. Thanks for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge. Hope to see you next month. Helen Liu, HLSMM DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving this Becca...so artsy and brilliant colour choices. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic grungy make! Love it. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW Becca! This is FANTASTIC!!! Love the grungy look and feel of your card and that saying is excellent!! You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this is my new favourite Becca card, Becca! I love the mix of black and lemony yellow. And the grunge is just fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant card I especially love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your card. It sends such a powerful message. <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. The idea of the halo/ shadow behind the focal image is very intriguing. love the little splash of colours and the butterfly ties it in.....gr8 creation.
    Thankyou for joining us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge ....All the best.

    ReplyDelete